3stylelife

This blog has closed. Follow me to 3stylelife. Thanks - Barry
Share/Save/Bookmark Subscribe

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Currently Reading: The Brothers Karamazov

Well, I just started reading Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov last night, on recommendation from a high school friend. When I say that I started reading it, I really mean that I read the translator's note at the beginning, but rest assured, I will read some portion of the actual novel today. Apparently the translation is a big deal. The translators (Pevear and Volohonsky) also did the copy of Anna Karenina I read in high school, and both won awards (according to the inside jacket covers of each), so they must be pretty good.

I also received two of my three neuroscience books in the mail yesterday, and have begun to peruse them. They are, An Introduction to Neural Networks (a steal for 6 bucks), and Theoretical Neuroscience. I picked them up since I've become more interested in psychology recently, and disillusioned with my previous mathematics research (in general relativity), so I thought this might be a good hybrid of the interest. I've always been interested in the brain/mind anyway. Stay tuned for reviews/updates as I progress through these works.

No comments: