3stylelife

This blog has closed. Follow me to 3stylelife. Thanks - Barry
Share/Save/Bookmark Subscribe

Friday, July 11, 2008

Starbucks Adventure

I’m not quite sure what to attribute my recent dearth of blog posts to. I worked a few days with my father doing construction at his company, which tired me out significantly. The other days I simply lacked the motivation to blog. This, of course, causes a cycle of feeling bad about not posting, and then not feeling like posting because of this. I eventually decided it was time for a change of plans, because I really like blogging, and I want this blog to thrive. Thusly, I’ve made the following changes in approach:

  1. I’m going to be blogging primarily outside the home. Working at home provided a lot of distractions, and a too-relaxing environment, not conducive to thinking and writing for longer periods of time.
  2. I’m going to be blogging shorter posts across tighter themes. I want to build up some more experienced based information to support the theory I work upon.
  3. I’m going to blog around the same time, and in the same place each day I blog. This will make blogging a habit, rather than a spur-of-the-moment activity, helping to solidify its place in my day.

To realize these goals, I’ve decided to drive to Starbucks a few times a week for about three hours, early in the morning. Starbucks is a fairly lively, crowded place (which I enjoy when working), yet still private, because the customers are (generally) people I don’t know well, if at all. The one downside (which I was rather surprised about), is that the wireless internet found at (at least my) Starbucks isn’t free! (Unless you fit a number of criteria, such as actually buying stuff from Starbucks) Thus, if I can find a similarly populated environment which does offer free wireless (and they really should, business-wise), I’ll move there. Thus, you can look forward to more regular blogging from me, though it will often be in unusual bursts early-afternoon when I return to my home internet connection to post what I’ve written. I’ll also be trying to add some links to my blogroll, as I’ve been reading some good blogs (mostly about music, fashion, and mathematics) lately.

Meta-update: my first day rather productive, as I put together three blog posts (including this one), and made a bit of interesting mathematical progress (a little more work, and that will go up here as well). Thus, I am pleased.

No comments: